Tuesday 10 January 2017

Life as a big bruver


Well life has certainly changed since Tammy came to live with us. I has lots to tell you.

It is great to have someone to play with or just hang out with all day. The parents is good but they don't do dog stuff. They were a bit worried that I might be too rough with Tammy but she is a real Tomboy. We play chasey but I'm faster than her so she grabs my back leg, pulls me down and sits on me. I kick her off and roll over. She grabs my ear. I grab her jowls and then we wrestle until we feel like playing chasey again at warp speed. The parents just shake their heads - I told you - they don't dig dog stuff !






She drags me down !
Then I'm after her ! She is so cheeky .
And wrestle again !

  However, being her big Brother is a BIG responsibility and I am trying to get her to study. Being a teenager she is pretty laid back and can be obnockshus- abnoxus - A pain in the bum. Mum woulden let me put pain in the arse !
 (Whoops - sorry Mum but you can edit that out ! Yes ? )  

Tammy wanted to major in water management but I told her "Water is wet and to be avoided at all cost" , but despite my gud advice she still insists on half drowning herself in the clam shell pool all the time. I humour her now and then by snorkelling for a leaf or splashing one paw in there - but for the love of dogs that stuff is WET !





Stupid girl - She will drown ! 
Good job I is there to  watch her.

Much safer to have a dust bath.

Anyway after a lot of finks she decided to go wiv poo studies like I did, but she had a weird way of testing the stuff, she rolled in it ! Yuk - I was disgusted and very nearly gave up on her there and then, but finally she saw the light and did the good ole taste test like me. I've also shown her how to sniff things proply, but that is a mixed blessing as when I find a real intrestin smell she shoves her snoopy little snoz under mine an steals all the sniffs out of it. I jus go an pretend to find a betta one. 

These girl dogs are lazy they don't mark smells or pee on trees or anything so I has to do all the home guard stuff. Mind you she is handy as an early warning system . I don't bark much - as you know from when I got lost that time -  but being a girl she talks enuff for both of us.

She has been working very hard at obedience training and after only three classes wiv Aunty Heather she passed both her Level 1 and 2 tests. We had been practising at home every day so I reckon I must get some of the credit. Still - she did good and this week she passed her Level 3 so she is catching up wiv me. I'm learning los of new tricks and can do a weave around Mum's legs followed by a few spins and reverses. I has to be careful not to knock the ole girl over though. 
(Note from Mum - Not so much of the "ole girl" - rat bag !) 

Me an Mum wiv my Level 5 certificate - Aunty Heather even framed it for me - fanks .

Tammy and Mum wiv Tam's Level 1 and 2 Certificates

Tam practising at home wiv me making sure she does it right.


                                                                                                                           





Smokey and Tammy seem to have a thing about Mum's shoes . Smokes kidnaps em attacking anyone who tries to rescue em an Tam was found with her snoz buried in Mum's old slipper when Mum went out one day. Weird if you ask me but there's no accounting for tastes.





 We is all good mates though and usually end up at the end of the day sleeping in a circle in front of the telly with Mum and Dad.








 
On guard

Recently Tammy an me was minding our own business when I smelt something odd so we raced over to the fence to see it off. There were two big gwannas just sitting there looking at us so Tammy barked at them and I did my best squeaking but they took no notice and stayed there all afternoon which meant we had to be on guard duty for ages.










  

We reckoned they could of bin Alien spies  as Alien holes appeared in the yard next morning which had nothing to do with us obviously. 










And one evening we saw one of the turky gobblers walking along just in front of us very slowly but he suddenly picked up speed, started flapping and landed with a wallop in a tree. Never seen that before so I sat down with my mouth open and stared up at him,The parents had hysterics watching me as usual - They is so childish - but I was gob smacked - turky gobblers shouldn't do that !  I wanted to stay and see how he got down but they dragged me home. No fun at all.

Tammy met her first cidna and was all set to give it a poke with her nose but we told her it was not a good idea. She also saw the huge big hoppy roos and that made her all excited. She had to sit down for a minute to watch em . She is learning heaps and I suppose if we can call racing round like a mad dog while barking her head off "ornithology" she is doing okay for a bit of a kid. 

Sometimes she forgets who Dad is and gets all thingy and loud noises send her into a bit of a tizz. She reckons she is scared of being sent away or that someone will be cruel to her again. I keep telling her that Mum and Dad love us soooo much and that will never happen but it will take her a while to trust humans proply I fink. Well it took me over a year to be happy with jumping in or out of cars after being thrown out of one when I was a baby, so I understand and give her lots of licks and snuggle up to her when she gets frit and so do Mum and Dad. We is a happy family.

A pile of love 


  OOOOH YES - Crissmus was great. We got all dressed up for the KDOT Crissmus party. Mum thought that Tammy would be too scared to dress up but she was happy in antlers, bells and a big bow. I dressed up as Santa again an Mum an Dad had Santa hats on. We got heaps of pressies - some self destructed but we can still play with what is left of em. Mum made us some yummy bickies too. I helped her mix em and was chief taster and I reckon they tasted just as good before she baked em.

Tammy's first Chrismus pressie
Me showing Tammy how to open pressies


At the KDOT break up party
All dressed up for the party





We did have a bit of a problem with poor old Teddy . He simply blew up in the yard after having a bit of a romp with us . Mum took him off to emergency ward but he hasn't come back yet .
 Hope he gets well soon.

See you next time
Happy New Year from me an Tam ( and the parents )


No comments:

Post a Comment